Monday, July 1, 2013

UAR accept Papal Invitation

Argentine Pope Francis I
The Unión Argentina de Rugby (UAR) has accepted an invitation from Pope Francis I, the leader of the Catholic Church to be recieved at the Holy See in Rome in the week leading up to Argentina´s international match against Italy in Rome in November. Head of the UAR, Luis Castillo said with emotion "as President of the UAR, I could not put into words how thankful I am for having been called by our beloved Argentine Pope. Without question it will be an incredible moment for everyone that will have the opportunity to attend, this will be an historic event in our lives and in the history of the institution over which I preside. I await the moment anxiously - what it means to be next to His Holiness, and already I thank Pope Francis I for the invitation."

The match will be played at the Olympic Stadium in Rome on November 23. It will be Argentina´s third and final match in November after the South Americans will begin by facing England and Wales. Los Pumas will also visit the Argentine ambassador to the Vatican, Dr. Juan Pablo Cafiero.

Source: UAR

No comments:

Post a Comment