Tuesday, September 7, 2010

Hernández scores 20 points in his return match


In his first match playing 80 minutes of rugby in ten months, Juan Martín Hernández kicked four penalties, two drop goals and one conversion to score 20 points for Racing Metro in Sunday´s match vs the surprize team from last seasons Top 14, Castres Olympique in Castres. Uruguay´s Rodrigo Capo Ortega played for Castres while Hernández was joined by fellow Pumas, backrower Alvaro Galindo and prop Juan Pablo Orlandi who were both replaced in the second half.

On his personal website (http://www.juanhernandez.com.ar/), Hernández wrote: "Personally I am happy because my back responded well. I could play 80 minutes and I hit a lot, which is something that helped challenge me and see where i stand. Now my objective is to continue adding more minutes to continue gaining rhythm".

Despite a positive return of 20 points and Hernández also setting up his teams try, Racing Metro were not victorious. Rather, Castres won 31-25 with fullback Romain Teulet kicking 26 points and Fijian international centre, Seremaia Bai, scoring the homesides try.

No comments:

Post a Comment